HOW CAN I SCHEDULE AN X-RAY APPOINTMENT?
X-ray exams are offered on a walk-in basis and we accept all requisitions. Please arrive at the clinic of your choice at least 30 minutes prior to closing to ensure that we can complete your exam before the end of the same day.
I PREFER TO BOOK AN X-RAY APPOINTMENT. DO YOU OFFER THIS SERVICE AT YOUR CLINICS?
We will be pleased to accommodate you for a pre-set X-ray appointment at select clinics:
- Royal City Centre – New Westminster
- Nelson’s Crescent – New Westminster
- City Centre One — Surrey
- Uptown Mall –Victoria
- Yates Clinic – Victoria
HOW CAN I SCHEDULE AN ULTRASOUND APPOINTMENT?
All Patients require a Requisition from their Physician.There are 3 ways to book an ultrasound appointment in Vancouver:
- Click here for Clinic Locator – call the clinic of your choice to book the first available appointment, usually available within one week (depending on the exam).
- www.westcoastmedicalimaging.com/appointment — online request to book a priority ultrasound appointment. Our staff will be happy to check various clinic options for you to choose from in order to expedite your appointment.
- SATURDAY/SUNDAY telephone: 604-985-WCMI (9264) ext #2— dedicated line answered 7 days including Saturdays and Sundays to book an appointment at your preferred clinic.
There are 2 ways to book an Ultrasound appointment in Victoria:
- Dedicated Patient Fax Requisition line: 1-844-654-7400
- Call Central Booking Victoria: 250-412-1780 (weekdays)
CAN MY PARTNER/FAMILY MEMBER/FRIEND ACCOMPANY ME FOR AN OBSTETRIC EXAM?
Your Technologist will be happy to invite a guest into the ultrasound room for a short time, AFTER completion of the procedure.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE THE RESULTS OF MY EXAM?
Our qualified Technologists perform the actual exam, followed by certified, expert Radiologists who will interpret and report the images. However, only your Physician will be able to share the results of the exam with you. The report will be sent to your referring Physician within 2- 3 business days.
CAN I ACCESS A COPY OF THE CD AND/OR MY REPORT?
Your referring physician should be contacted for information on images and reports, so that your Physician may explain the images and contents of the report to you. If you still require a copy of the CD and or your report, you may contact the clinic directly. In order to protect patient privacy and confidentiality, a form must be completed at the clinic and picture ID must be presented. There is a $25 fee for each CD and a $10 fee for each report.
DO YOU OFFER MRI SERVICES?
WCMI has recently installed a 3T MRI, the first of its kind in North America. Private MRI services are not MSP covered and are offered at 2 locations in the Greater Victoria Region, with minimal wait times:
Please click here for details of our revolutionary MRI machine at Uptown Mall.
Visit: www.westcoastmedicalimaging.com/victoria-appointment-form/ to book an MRI
WHICH CLINICS OFFER SCREENING MAMMOGRAPHY EXAMS?
Screening Mammography is offered within the guidelines of Screening Mammography Program of British Columbia, at our:
WHICH CLINICS OFFER DIAGNOSTIC MAMMOGRAPHY EXAMS?
The following clinics offer Diagnostic Mammography exams:
WHICH CLINICS OFFER BONE DENSITY EXAMS:
- Bone Mineral Density exams are offered at our Fort Street clinic in Victoria.
GENERAL PATIENT INFORMATION
- MSP accepted services are covered, accompanied by a valid health card.
- A requisition form and a valid health card must be received prior to performing the exam.
- WCMI is a Low-Scent environment.
- Children may not accompany you during your exam. Please arrange for proper child supervision.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to a scheduled appointment.
- An appointment has been made especially for you. Please allow for at least 24 hours notice if unable to attend, and we will be happy to reschedule your time. A fee of $75 may be billed for no shows.
- If you are late for your appointment, we may need to reschedule your time.
If you have any further enquiries, please click here to submit your question. A member of our team will contact you within one business day.
Thank you for visiting West Coast Medical Imaging. We look forward to be of service to you.